Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Laguna Beach

Some of you may know that I recently went thru layoffs with my company. It was a scary time for Naquel and I, and we are thankful that I still have a job. Change can be scary when you are not expecting it but it can also be positive and beneficial. A positive change that has occurred with the layoffs is that I have been reassigned to our San Diego sales team. I am always hesitant about getting a new manager because it is like starting all over again- building up trust, friendship, and an understanding of expectations- as you can imagine I was not thrilled at first. However, after our first district meeting on Monday, I was very relieved to see that I have ended up with one of the strongest teams in our sales force. I have an excellent opportunity to learn from some very talented people, as well as help others with what I have learned over the years. My manager seems very confident, experienced, and I feel that he has a genuine interest in seeing me succeed. We feel so blessed, and we are thankful.

I have a fear of flying, as reinforced by the recent "Hudson Landing", so I prefer to drive if I can. statistically speaking its safer to fly.... yeah yeah yeah... but at least I can jump out of the car at the last minute if impending doom is unavoidable... so I'm kidding... but I still feel safer driving (well at least I do, don't ask Naquel). So I decided to drive to Laguna Beach, CA for our first district meeting. I had a little time to burn before the meeting so I grabbed my camera gear and headed to the beach. Here are a few of the shots I took...





On the way home Monday night I witnessed a beautiful sunset.



3 comments:

Keith and Allie said...

Those are gorgeous pictures! You are a very talented photographer! We'll have to borrow your skills one day for a new family pic! Glad all is well with your job! :) Laguna is a fun place to visit!

Kelly said...

Beautiful pictures! Glad that your job is still intact and you had a safe drive!

Heckethorn PTO said...

Wow!! You definetely have a talent of photography. These pictures are the kind you see painted or in books. Thanks for sharing the pictures!! They are beautiful.
Glad to hear you guys are doing great!!