Saturday, November 8, 2008

Our Last Boating Day of 2008

One of the cool things about living in Las Vegas is that you can go boating out at Lake Mead 8 months out of the year. We are already into November and we took our boat for the last time this year. The water was cooler than we are used to, but bearable, at least that's what Naquel says! It was a nice 75 degree day, and hardly anyone out on the lake. The water was glass the whole time, the best we have seen it this year so far.


Naquel got a very nice picture of me and the kids.


Connor and Brooklyn anticipating the ride.


Even though the water felt a little chilly, the kids still wanted to take one last ride on the tube.





Connor and Sydney like to sit at the very front of the boat.


Brooklyn testing out the water.

Cruising along enjoying the ride.

Chris threw a piece of bread to a coyote watching us clean the boat. We were surprised at how close the coyote came to us.


So now we have to have the boat winterized and stored for the winter, but we look forward to boating next summer. Hopefully we will make it to Lake Powell next summer!


3 comments:

Keith and Allie said...

What a cute blog! I'm so glad I can keep track of your fun family! Glad you had fun on the lake! It's sad to see summer go but in Vegas we know it will always be back! :)

Bilary said...

Hey, how come no one told me you guys had a blog? I love all of these pictures. Your family is absolutely darling! But I can't believe how big your kids are getting!:( Time flies! Hopefully we get a chance to see you soon.

Angie said...

I love your boat!! And I love even more that you guys are boating people. That shouldn't surpirse me though, since Naquel grew up like me. Happy skiing!!!